- Stone flowers Updated 29.11.22
- Shades of green Updated 28.11.22
- Fall Added 29.04.22
- Elvaston Castle Added 18.04.22
- Pack film emulsion lifts Added 16.03.2022
- Image/Spectra Added 14.03.2022
- Cyanograph emulsion lifts Added 08.03.2022
- Impossible-Polaroid retrospective 2010-2020 Added 07.03.2022
- Orkney Added 01.03.2022
- Pack film Added 23.02.2022
Polaroid film, cameras and techniques have played a big role in my photography for a long time, so I have decided to gather all the Polaroid content on my website into a single section.
Polaroid photography combines the unpredictable adventures of analogue photography with the kind of instant feedback that even digital photography can't match... not many digital cameras can deliver a print into your hand right after pressing the shutter button!
But what fascinates me most about Polaroid is the huge range of things you can do with a Polaroid print once it is in your hand. I love digital photography as much as anyone, and many of my favourite Polaroid techniques involve a digital component. But sometimes pushing all those pixel around on a screen, then hitting the print button to have a printer on the other side of the room spit out a print leaves me feeling too detached from the whole process. Experimenting with Polaroid film forces you to get your hands dirty and bring a feeling of handicraft back to photography.